The Inside Scoop of FA’s Spirit Week

Spirit week is definitely one of the main highlights of the school year. The week is filled with tons of spirit and brings the entire Friends community closer together, which also leads into the fall fair and upcoming sports games during the weekend.
This year, spirit week was kicked off with pajama day, where everyone wore their comfy pajamas to school. There is an annual spirit week photo challenge where everyone takes selfies or group pictures to try to earn the most points possible for a dress down day. Following that was advisory themed day, where advisories had themes ranging from cheerleaders to celebrities. One tradition that takes places on this day is a contest where advisories are allowed to compete with each other to see which advisory has the best theme.
For Decades Day, each grade level was given a different decade ranging from the 50s to the 80s. Following that was color day on Thursday, where each grade was given a different color to wear, such as purple, yellow, red, or blue. On Thursday, we had a worship buddies activity, and each upper school student meets with an assigned lower or middle school student. Meeting with worship buddies helps create stronger connections with students of all ages within our school community.
Friday was the traditional red and black day, where students show their Friends Academy spirit in a pep rally for all fall sports participants, which leads into the start of the fall fair. All in all, spirit week is a very interactive and fun week for everyone and helps bring the FA community closer together for the new school year!